If Online Activation fails, this could be due to several things:
If either of the above is true, Unity will not be able to contact the license server and the Editor will automatically attempt to perform a manual activation.
Follow the steps here to manually activate Unity on your machine:
(Please note that you need to have access to a machine with Internet access as part of this process, but this does not have to be the machine on which you are trying to activate Unity.)
1. Open Unity. If Unity cannot contact the license server, you will be presented with the following window.
2. Click the blue button named “Manual Activation”.
3. Click the blue button named “Save License Request”.
4. Save the “License File” in a directory of your choice. (make sure to remember where you save the file. In this example I am saving the license file to the “Documents” folder).
Once you press the “Save” button, the file is saved and you should see the following notification at the top of the window.
The license file you have just created will be tied to the machine it was generated on. This license file will not work on any other machines. The license file will no longer recognise a machine that has been reformatted or has had hardware changes.
The next steps will requires Internet access. If the machine does not have Internet access, you can copy the file saved above to a USB memory stick and perform these steps on another machine.
5. Go to the Manual Activation Page.
6. Click the “Choose File” button
7. Upload the “License File” that you saved earlier and click “OK”
6. You will now be presented with an activation window just as you would find in the editor when activating online.
You have 2 options for activating in Unity 5:
|Activate Existing Serial:||For Users who have a serial number starting with R3, U3, T3 or E3|
|Activate Personal Edition:||Activates the free version of the editor.|
7. Click “Download License”. In this case I’m using “Chrome” this tends to save the downloaded file to my “Downloads” folder.
8. Re-open Unity
9. Click the blue button named “Load License”
This will open up your directories within your hard drive.
9. Now, select the file that you just downloaded via the Web form and click “OK”.
If you already have Unity activated and (for example) need to update your license, see the Managing your Unity license page.
For any further assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.