|A string representing the package to be added:
- To install a specific version of a package, use a package identifier ("name@version"). This is the only way to install a pre-release version.
- To install the latest compatible (released) version of a package, specify only the package name.
- To install a git package, specify a git url.
- To install a local package, specify a value in the format "file:/path/to/package/folder".
- To install a local tarball package, specify a value in the format "file:/path/to/package-file.tgz".
ArgumentException is thrown if
null or empty.
Adds a package dependency to the project. Requesting a new or different dependency often leads to changing installed packages, but only after the Package Manager constructs a dependency graph to solve any version conflicts. For more information, see Dependency and resolution.
Add() is an asynchronous operation. Before the operation is complete, you can use the
AddRequest instance to monitor the asynchronous operation.
Note: Make sure any other Client operations have completed before calling this method. For more information, see the note on the Client class reference page.