About Live Capture
Use the Live Capture package to connect to the Unity Virtual Camera and Unity Face Capture companion apps to capture and record camera motion and face performances.
Available client Apps
Two Apps compatible with the Live Capture package are currently available (for iOS):
- The Unity Virtual Camera app allows you to capture and record camera motion through an iPhone or iPad as if you were physically in the Unity Scene.
- The Unity Live Capture app allows you to capture and record face movements through an iPhone or iPad and apply them on a character in your Unity Scene.
To use the features described in this documentation, you must:
- Install the Live Capture package in your Unity Editor and meet specific system requirements.
- Install companion apps on your mobile device according to the feature you want to use.
- Meet specific network requirements.
Installing the Live Capture package
To install the Live Capture package, follow the instructions in the Package Manager documentation.
|Unity Editor||Unity Editor 2020.3.16f1 or later version.|
|Platform||Windows or macOS.|
Installing the apps on your mobile device
The Unity Virtual Camera and Unity Face Capture apps are currently available on iPhone and iPad.
|App name||Device requirements||Get the app|
|Unity Virtual Camera||iPad or iPhone with:
• iOS 14.5 or higher
• ARKit capabilities (implied with the required iOS version)
|Unity Face Capture||iPhone or iPad with:
• iOS 14.6 or higher
• ARKit face tracking capabilities (device supporting Face ID or device with an A12 Bionic chip)
Your mobile devices and your Unity Editor workstation must have access to the same network.
You must disable any active VPNs.
On Windows 10, you must set your Wi-Fi network to Private.
Your firewall must allow your Unity Editor program to get inbound connections from external apps of your local network.