High-level NavMesh Building Components
Here we introduce four high level components for the navigation system:
- NavMeshSurface – for building and enabling a navmesh surface for one agent type.
- NavMeshModifier – affects the navmesh generation of navmesh area types, based on the transform hierarchy.
- NavMeshModifierVolume – affects the navmesh generation of navmesh area types, based on volume.
- NavMeshLink – connects same or different navmesh surfaces for one agent type.
These components comprise the high level controls for building and using NavMeshes at runtime as well as edit time.
Techniques and Patterns
- Connecting NavMesh Surfaces using the NavMeshLink component.