All notable changes to this package will be documented in this file.
The format is based on Keep a Changelog and this project adheres to Semantic Versioning.
[2.9.4] - 2022-06-15
- Add debug symbols for WindowsMRXRSDK.dll
- Update Microsoft App Remoting SDK to 2.8.1
[2.9.3] - 2022-04-19
- Update Microsoft App Remoting SDK to 2.7.5
[2.9.2] - 2022-01-14
- Update Microsoft App Remoting SDK to 2.7.2
- Update device layouts for HMD, HoloLens hands, and WMR controllers to allow the input system to access position accuracy.
- Fix crash when entering play mode when switching to/from normal and remoting session.
[2.9.1] - 2021-11-14
- Issue 1372667: Fix AV exception caused by deref of null ptr.
- Fix hand jitter on HoloLens2 when holding hands steady.
- Fix MaxVideoBitRate in remoting apps forcing 20000 kbps bitrate.
[2.9.0] - 2021-09-13
- Bump minor version to deal with the fact that we added APIs in this last release.
[2.8.1] - 2021-09-09
- Add missing velocity for hand tracking.
- Fix regression in remoting UI that broke max bit rate slider.
- Change tracking state check for anchors based on feedback from partner.
- Fix issue with meshes never being reported as removed. Issue: 1348765
- Check holographic space availability before creating anything to make sure we fail gracefully when there is no MRP or device connected.
- Fix the UserSettings path potentially saving the user settings outside of the Project folder.
- Add support for running app as a remoting server as well as a remoting client.
- Update remoting to version 2.6.2.
- Change preferred video codec from H264 to Any in order to prevent issue with machines using H265.
- Add WindowsMR InputFeatureUsage PositionAccuracy for camera, controllers, and hands.
[2.8.0] - 2021-04-20
- Fixed headset input device not reconnecting after an application is resumed after being suspended when Run In Background is disabled.
- Fix depth reprojection stability issues.
- Add back in option to manually connect to remoting. Added toggle to XR Remoting window UI to enable manual connection option.
- Fix IsValidMatrix exception when connecting to remoting.
- Fix crash in Meshing when user configures ARMeshManager to not return normals.
- Fix MonoCamera render for PV Cameras.
- Update remoting libraries to version 2.5.0.
[2.7.0] - 2021-03-26
- Make Game View default to Left Eye, consistent with other providers.
- Support for XR Locatable Camera fully implemented. Now photos taken with an HLv2 headset will correctly inject the camera to world and projection transforms into the photo stream.
- Make remoting work in Win32 apps.
- Add remoting sample to package.
- Fix eye tracking to work in Remoting.
- Fix eye tracking gaze direction/rotation to be in Unity coordinate system.
- Fix eye tracking to report in World Coordinates instead of pose relative coordinates.
- Fix crash on entering play mode after headset sleep.
- Allow remoting to now auto connect/disconnect on Play state change.
- Persist remoting sessions across editor sessions.
- Add EyeGazeTracked usage to allow for checking if gaze has or has lost tracking.
[2.6.1] - 2021-01-21
- Update XR Management dependency to version 4.0.1.
[2.6.0] - 2020-12-02
- Fixed issues in native code to address bugs that appeared when remoting to HoloLens devices.
- Reported HMD position no longer teleports to origin during tracking loss. The last valid position will continue to be reported while rotation updates when tracking loss occurs.
- Update package to resolve additional validation errors.
- Add docs for remaining public apis.
- Enable XRStats DroppedFrameCount and FramePresentCount.
[2.5.2] - 2020-12-07
- Update to resolve package validation issues.
[2.5.1] - 2020-11-16
- Update management dependency version.
[2.5.0] - 2020-10-02
- Add official API for accessing the Microsoft SpatialAnchorStore through the new XRAnchorStore class.
- Fix scaled viewport rendering in Game View.
- Set correct lower bounds on viewport scaling based on running device.
- Fix deadlock contention in Anchor store API.
- Update manufacturer reported by controllers to be blank when unavailable rather than hardware identifiers that were not human-readable.
- Change the way we process settings for startup of Unity.
- HP Reverb G2 controller no longer reports touchpad (Primary2DAxis) presence with empty data.
- Fixed the build processor to handle scripted build targets correctly.
- Fix for
Floorwhen running on HoloLens devices.
[2.4.1] - 2020-09-24
- Update for release.
[2.4.1-preview.1] - 2020-09-10
- Minor bump due to new APIs.
- Update management dependency to 3.2.15
- Update documentation to call out the fact that we only support SPI and there is no UI to change it as per design.
- Correctly clean up subsystems on failure in initialization.
[2.3.1] - 2020-08-10
- Fix reference point subsystem to default allow for persisted anchor points. Provide an extension API to the reference point subsystem to allow for manual clearing of the persisted anchor points.
- Fix binaries copying into builds when Windows Mixed Reality was not enabled in XR Management.
- Fix loader to only run on Windows Editor or Player.
- Fix invalid memory copying of missing meshing data.
- Fix null deref issue when accessing source state properties
- Fix rotation gimble lock at 120 degrees due to using LERP instead of SLERP for rotation interpolation.
- Fix anchor issue where we were not taking into account any currently stored anchors the WMR may have.
- Fix anchor issue were we were not correctly determining the proper location for an anchor returned from the WMR anchor store on subsequent app starts.
- Fix anchor issue where we were not correctly setting tracking state on each anchor.
- Implement support for Mirror View OcclusionMeshSideBySide.
- Fix culling clipping issue where clipping was overly aggressive on HMDs.
- Add ability to force reload Microsoft Anchor Store using extension API on WindowsMRReferencePointSubsystem.
- Fix rendering game view when running MRP in simulator mode.
[2.3.0] - 2020-07-12
- Add input display name for Windows MR HMD.
- Fix Culling combined frustum FOV
- Multiple corrections for hologram stability and convergence.
- Update remoting window with message clarify which platform is used for Player Settings when entering play mode.
[2.2.0] - 2020-06-04
- Update remoting binaries to 2.1.3.
- Prepare for release.
[2.1.6-preview.3] - 2020-05-15
- Add Eye gaze support through EyeGazeRotation and EyeGazePosition input feature usages.
- Fix build processor to not copy settings to unsupported targets.
[2.1.6-preview.2] - 2020-05-01
- Stop copying binary files from package when the provider is not assigne to the build target.
[2.1.6-preview.1] - 2020-04-09
- Add support for QueryViewBlitMode. This should allow a user to set the eye in the Game view and see it correctly.
- Arm32 support.
- Apply frame settings to all cameras and not just the first stereo camera.
- Silence warnings for obsolete APIs that users can't do anything about.
- Add access to Simulation and Render Holographic Frames.
[2.1.5] - 2020-04-08
- Back management dependency down to 3.0.6.
- ## [2.1.4] - 2020-04-08
- Fix package to be usable by downlevel management.
[2.1.3] - 2020-04-03
- Release for managment 3.2.4
[2.1.2] - 2020-04-03
- Release for managment 3.2.3
[2.1.1] - 2020-03-23
- Release for managment 3.2.1
[2.1.0] - 2020-03-13
- Release for managment 3.2.0
[2.1.0-preview.2] - 2020-02-26
- Update management dependency to 3.2.0 series.
[2.1.0-preview.1] - 2020-02-24
- Update management dependency to 3.2.0 series.
- Replace package initialization code with the new package metadata information.
[2.0.4-preview.4] - 2019-12-02
- Add airtap feature usage for HoloLens
- Fix pointer pose coordinate system
- Update Remoting Plugins with x64 UWP versions.
- Add build settings toggle to copy remoting plugins to final build.
- Fix positional tracking at app launch
- Fix coordinate system reset after tracking is lost and regained
[2.0.4-preview.3] - 2020-01-30
- Fix license text.
- Fix camera tracking and camera tracking state reporting through XRInput.
- Fix camera disconnect to actually call the disconnect API and not re-connect.
- Add Pointer pose and grasp to HoloLens v2 hand tracking.
- Fix build processor to only set boot config items if the target has a WindowsMRLoader instance in the list.
- Fix null deref exception in Gesture provider.
[2.0.4-preview.2] - 2019-12-02
- Update headers to reflect changes from Unity core.
- Fix Occlusion Mesh creating every frame.
- Update to new preview XR Management 3.0.5 and add build target filtering.
- Fix generated documentation error.
- Fix input provider missing feature usage for source loss and pointer position.
- Add pose validation to display subsystem so that rendering system correctly skips trying to render frames that are invalid.
- Fix logging to handle wide char strings correctly.
- Add version define to allow us to use uplevel management features while also allowing us to run on down level management.
[2.0.4-preview.1] - 2019-10-18
- Fix an issue that was preventing builds of the package outside of Unity.
[2.0.3] - 2019-10-15
- Update package version for official release
[2.0.3-preview.2] - 2019-10-01
- Fixed depth buffer issue where we assume reverse Z is always on when converting projection matrix.
- Remove Windows Mixed Reality legacy package dependency.
- Add AudioPluginMsHRTF spatializer to package.
- Add Remoting plugins to package.
[2.0.3-preview.1] - 2019-08-28
- Input System device layouts for Windows MR devices when Input System package is included.
- Add Hand tracking support for HoloLens v2. We now expose bones for each hand when an app is using a device capable of hand tracking.
- WindowsMR HMDs now have a user presence input feature that will inform the developer if the HMD is currently being used. Use UnityEngine.XR.CommonUsages.UserPresence to retrieve it.
- Fix input issue where we were using the wrong frame for input data.
- Fix depth buffer issue where we were not handling Unity rendering depth bufer in reverse Z correctly.
- Update dependencies to handle changes in Subsystem definition.
[2.0.2-preview.1] - 2019-08-23
- Implement recenter functionality. Implementation matches legacy VR functionality.
- Renamed HMD tracking input features to be suffixed with Rotation or Position where appropriate.
- Fix testing dll meta files.
- Update XR Management dependency to 3.0.2-preview.2
[2.0.1] - 2019-07-22
- Remove errant subsystems from json file.
[2.0.0] - 2019-07-22
- Update package version ahead of release.
- Added reference point support for native pointer access.
- Added support for getting native mesh data for a meshing subsystem mesh.
- Added support to get all current native SpatialSourceState instances from the input subsystem.
- Update display subsystem to handle promotion out of experimental.
- Add hand tracking for HoloLens devices.
- Add remoting support for HoloLens v2 devices.
[1.99.0-preview.2] - 2019-07-03
- Update to use standalone Session and Reference Point subsystems.
- Update XR Management dependency to handle Experimental namespace removal in trunk.
- Update metro package dependency.
[1.99.0-preview.1] - 2019-06-18
- Pick up 2019.2 preview changes that are applicable to 2019.3.
[1.99.0-preview] - 2019-06-13
- Update package to support 2019.3+ only.
- Rev version to almost 2. This is to make space for 2019.2 preview versions and in acknowledgement of the breaking changes that will happen soon.
- Add documentation for gestures.
[1.0.0-preview.9] - 2019-06-13
- Move documentation revision history out of documentation. Replaced with change log tracking of changes.
- Add XmlDocs to the appropriate APIs.
- Strip out session subsystem.
- Add IsTracked property to HMD tracked device (though currently defaults to true all the time).
- Remap Touchpad Axes to primary 2d axis and thumbstick axis to secondary to make grouping correct.
- Move tumbstick pressed from Thumbrest to Secondary 2D Axis clicked.
- Add package specific external APIs for getting the Holographic Space, The Spatial Coordinate Sysem and the Windows MR tracking state.
[1.0.0-preview.8] - 2019-06-11
- Update package promotion pipeline to latest CI scripts.
[1.0.0-preview.7] - 2019-05-29
- Fix build issue when the user has decided to not create an instance of settings for WindowsMR.
- Integrate latest standalone gesture manager subsystem.
- Update XR Managmeent to 2.0.0-preview.19
[1.0.0-preview.6] - 2019-05-28
- Update package naming.
- Update namespaces to follow expected naming conventions.
- Ensure input devices are disconnected when input subsystem stops.
- Add standalone gesture subsystem.
[1.0.0-preview.5] - 2019-05-13
- Fix for fog generation issue due to using D3D projection matrix instead of OpenGL.
- Split render pose out of tracking pose to separate logical concerns.
[1.0.0-preview.4] - 2019-05-10
- Update management version to point at Yamato build management.
- Change package over to using Yamato for build/publish tasks. We'll still keep Jenkins for unit test verification for now.
- Fix crash due to new streamlined management.
- Fix culling frustum to correctly calculate the combined bounds of the eye projections.
- Fix issue in projection creation to convert D3D depth bounds to OGL depth bounds.
- Take dependency on new version of Metro package to handle a build break due to ugui.
[1.0.0-preview.3] - 2019-03-26
- Update package to point to latest management release verison.
[1.0.0-preview.2] - 2019-03-26
- Updated min Unity version.
[1.0.0-preview.1] - 2019-03-26
- Update version to show preliminary v1 release.
- Remove all shim code. We no longer shim Legacy VR API support.
- Bring Display Subsystem support up to current XR SDK version (Stabilization Plane/Focus Point, Content Protection, Reprojection mode)
- Implement support for shared depth buffer.
- Add Gesture Subsystem.
- Add Meshing Subsystem implementation.
- Add Experience Subsystem.
- Add support for Historic Queries for controller/input subsystem data.
- Add initial haptics support.
- Number of bugs and QoL issues resolved.
[0.2.0-preview.11] - 2018-12-05
- Support shim interface to allow for interoperation with UnityEngine.XR.WSA classes.
- Fix input so that we report Head node through Tracked Pose Driver.
- Add dependency on Windows Metro package to support shim implementation.
[0.2.0-preview.10] - 2018-11-27
- Update XR Management dependency
- Added dependency on Windows MR Metro package
- QA Added some play mode testing
- Added shim interface for interoperation with legacy VR WSA Classes
- Fixed issues with updated Microsoft SDK 17763
- Update bee and changed build to add Arm64 support
- Fixed build to correctly create DLLs on CI. Removed DLLs from source repository.
- Controllers will not work in Editor. Working with Microsoft on that currently.
- Stability of integration shim is not great.
- Integration has bugs that are beng tracked and dealt with.
[0.2.0-preview.9] - 2018-10-31
- Update XR Management dependency
[0.2.0-preview.8] - 2018-10-29
- Resolve CI issues.
[0.2.0-preview.7] - 2018-10-29
- Test CI/CD for GitLab -> GitHub move
- Test pickup of XR Managmenet 0.2.0-preview.6 post GitLab -> GitHub move
- Add copy of settings from VR Device for Windows MR to XR SDK Windows MR.
[0.2.0-preview.3] - 2018-10-24
- Updated to pick up dependencies from XR Management
- Support for splash screen merged in.
[0.2.0-preview.2] - 2018-10-16
- Fix memory leaks
- Rename generated managed DLLs to not conflict with the com.unity.xr.windowsmr.metro package.
[0.2.0-preview.1] - 2018-09-10
- Updated XR Management dependency to 0.2.0-preview.1
- Package initialization support added.
- Support for more than one build target added for settings.
[0.1.0-preview.13] - 2018-01-01
- Now supports HoloLens and Standalone builds
- Supports Reference Points subsystem to allow for ephemeral world anchors.
- Test project cleaned up and pointed to the correct location in the repo for the package.
[0.1.0-preview.12] - 2018-08-20
- Update the package description and name.
- Fixed a crash issue revealed when compositor layers were enabled
- Several changes to attempt to get compisitor layers rendering
[0.1.0-preview.11] - 2018-08-20
- Implemented XR Management API. We now have an XRLoader instance, a build processeor, configuration and data passing to native land.
[0.1.0-preview.10] - 2018-08-16
- Rebuilt dll (hadn't been rebuilt since .7)
[0.1.0-preview.9] - 2018-08-16
- Fixed incorrect library name in UnitySubsystemsManifest.json
[0.1.0-preview.8] - 2018-08-16
- Merged local changes to master
[0.1.0-preview.7] - 2018-08-15
- Fixed a crashing bug caused by uninitialized pointer that only shows up in Release builds.
- Updated the bee.exe with a version that supports some custom work to handle C++/WinRT.
- Updated README to be a bit more useful.
- Add Packages folder for TestProject back into the repo.
[0.1.0-preview.6] - 2018-08-15
- Correct naming of provider in native registration code.
- Modify bee script to make sure PDB and lib files are copied as well as DLL
- Modified yaml file to strip the PDBs and libs from the generated bits on package creation.