All notable changes to this package will be documented in this file.
[3.0.1-pre.1] - 2023-03-20
- Android SDK Level 33 (Tiramisu) support now available.
- Added necessary post notification permission to manifest.
- Package will now ask for permission during initialization if required.
- External Dependency Manager for Unity (EDM4U) and Mobile Dependency Resolver (MDR) support now available. When either is installed:
- A new
PushSDKDependencies.xmlfile is generated for them to use.
InsertPushNotificationDependenciesIntoGradleScriptwill not run to prevent duplication from gradle.
- A new
- Fixed errors appearing in the Editor Play Mode due to platform specific classes instantiating.
[3.0.0-pre.1] - 2022-12-16
Fixed a bug preventing the
notificationOpened event from being sent after opening a notification while the app was fully closed
- The following classes have been changed to
IPushNotificationsAnalyticsto it's own file.
PushNotificationsServiceto use the
IPushNotificationsAnalyticsinterface instead of directly using the
- Bumped the Analytics SDK version from
- Bumped the Core Package SDK version from
- Dashboard project link now available in settings panel
- Renamed the following fields in
PushNotificationSettings(Values will be retained):
- Removed the deprecated
- Removed obsolete
- Notifications received while the app is opened will automatically trigger the
notificationOpenedevent even before they are opened
didLaunchproperty sent with
notificationOpenedevent not fully accurate
- Devices running Android 13 will not receive notifications until the player grants permission. Permission won’t be requested until the device receives a notification for the first time.
[2.0.0-pre.2] - 2022-05-09
- Fixed a documentation bug
- Fixed a compile issue that could occur if custom Editor classes were added to a Unity project
[2.0.0-pre.1] - 2022-05-06
- The default API of the SDK has changed to align with our other UGS packages, and is now available via
PushNotificationsas before. The previous API has been kept for backwards compatability, but will be removed in a future release.
- Notifications will be shown as expected when an Android app is completely closed
- The deprecated in-code settings API has been removed - the SDK should be configured via the Project Settings UI added in 1.1.0-pre.1
[1.1.0-pre.2] - 2022-03-16
- Android plugin now uses a named Firebase instance to avoid clashing with any default instances already in the project.
[1.1.0-pre.1] - 2022-01-21
- The package is now configurable in the Project Settings UI. This is the recommended way of configuring the SDK moving forwards. The previous method of providing a configuration to the
RegisterForPushNotificationsAsyncmethod is now deprecated, although will continue to function for the moment. (Note that if both code and UI settings are provided, the code settings will override the UI settings).
- The dependency on Unity Analytics has been updated to support version 3.0.0 with the new privacy flow. You will need to implement this as described in the Analytics documentation before push notification events will be sent.
- Android plugin now supports Android API versions 16+
[1.0.0-pre.4] - 2021-08-26
- notificationOpened analytics events will work correctly on Android
- The host Android app will not forceably reboot if opened from background from a notification
- Updated analytics integration so that the userCountry is correctly reported for push events
- Documentation improvements
[1.0.0-pre.3] - 2021-08-19
- Updated 3rd party code notices
[1.0.0-pre.2] - 2021-08-17
- The package now uses the Core initialisation flow.
- Subsequent updates of the Android token will no longer cause a null pointer exception
[1.0.0-pre.1] - 2021-08-05
- Support for Android devices, including rich push notifications
- A simplified, unified external interface that allows one registration for both platforms
- Notifications now show when app is in the foreground on iOS
[0.1.0-preview] - 2021-07-27
- Support for iOS platform, including rich push notifications
- Push notification analytics - notificationOpened and notificationServices events
- Android is not currently supported
- Analytics platform is hard coded to "IOS" as this integration is changing in the next release and currently this is the only platform we support
- Analytics country is hard coded to "GB" as this integration is changing in the next release and the currently released Analytics package doesn't provide this API