All notable changes to this package will be documented in this file.
[4.2.0] - 2022-08-15
- SessionID property that returns the GUID value currently being used to populate the "sessionID" parameter of all events
- Reduced frequency of gameRunning event to reduce excess traffic (this will not affect the quality of your data)
- SDK initialisation failing silently on WebGL due to problem with privacy consent flow
- SDK event batching for upload failing silently on WebGL
[4.1.0] - 2022-06-16
- Added a method to access the user ID used by Analytics at runtime
- Events are now recorded with timestamps including milliseconds
- XML documentation is available for more model objects
- A better error message will be displayed when the project ID is missing
[4.0.1] - 2022-05-18
- Change assertions to error logs for missing required parameters
[4.0.0] - 2022-05-12
The UGS Analytics is no longer pre-release! No other changes in this version.
[4.0.0-pre.3] - 2022-05-10
- Events will now consistently use local time + offset for timestamps
- Fixes an issue that could occur when the SDK was disabled
[4.0.0-pre.2] - 2022-04-06
- Added a new event (
transactionFailed) for recording failed transactions
- IDFA usage has also been removed from the SDK - this identifier will no longer be added to events automatically when available.
- This release restores the previous
EventsAPI for backwards compatability with
3.0.0versions of the SDK. This API will be removed in a future release.
[4.0.0-pre.1] - 2022-03-14
- The API of the Analytics package has been updated to match the other UGS packages. This means that APIs for recording events that were previously available on the
Eventsstatic class are now available via
AnalyticsService.Instanceinstead. In addition, some classes that were previously nested in other types have been moved to standalone classes.
Eventsstatic class has changed to
AnalyticsService.Instance- the same event recording methods are found on this new instance
Transactionmethod now uses standalone classes for
AdImpressionArgsobject has been changed to an
- Some parameter objects have been changed from lowercase fields to uppercase to match C# guidelines
- Code in the
Unity.Services.Analytics.Editor.Settingsnamespace has been made internal as it was never meant to be public.
- Added support for sending a new event: acquisitionSource.
- Added a method to convert currency to units suitable for the Transaction event
- Added new Sample Scene
- Added abilitiy to disable and re-enable the Analytics SDK
- Fixed a bug that would block the main thread when trying to send large amounts of events
[3.0.0-pre.4] - 2022-02-15
- Fixed a bug where event data was not cached locally when the game closes
- Fixed a bug where floats were not serialized properly in cultures where the
,character is used for decimals rather than
[3.0.0-pre.3] - 2022-01-27
- Adds support for using a custom analytics ID via the Core SDK.
[3.0.0-pre.2] - 2021-12-02
- Analytics Runtime dependency has been updated, the PIPL headers are now included in
ForgetMeevent, when appropriate.
[3.0.0-pre.1] - 2021-11-26
- New APIs provided for checking if PIPL consent is needed, and recording users' consent. It is now required to check if any consent is required, and provide that consent if necessary, before the events will be sent from the SDK.
[2.0.7-pre.7] - 2021-10-20
- projectID parameter to all events
- GameStart event
idLocalProjecthaving a nonsense value
- Heartbeat cadence being affected by Time Scale
- Failing to compile for WebGL with error " The type or namespace name 'DllImportAttribute' could not be found"
- User opt-out of data collection. Developers must expose this mechanism to users in an appropriate way:
- Disable analytics if requested using the
- Deprecated Transaction event
- Deprecated previous opt-out mechanism (DataPrivacy and DataPrivacyButton)
[2.0.7-pre.6] - 2021-08-26
- GameRunning event being recorded and uploaded erratically
- Removed some obsolete steps from readme
- Clarified and added some missing XmlDoc comments on public methods
[2.0.7-pre.4] - 2021-08-19
- Updated README
.metafiles for privacy
[2.0.7-pre.2] - 2021-08-18
- Version of CustomData method that takes an Event Version
.metafiles for privacy
- Added UI as a dependency
[2.0.7] - 2021-08-09
- New custom code entry point.
- Arguments for AdImpression now handled by an object.
- New way to interact with buffer.
[2.0.6] - 2021-06-17
- Bump dependencies
[2.0.5] - 2021-05-18
- Use Core for Authentication ID
- Use Core for Install ID
[2.0.4] - 2021-05-10
- URL now uses the new collect url based off project_id and not a legacy one.
- UI for setting up the collect url.
[2.0.3] - 2021-05-05
- Re added support for 2019.4
- Update dependencies
[2.0.2] - 2021-04-29
- Project settings UI
Setup()API entry point
- Custom UserID and SessionID
[0.1.1] - 2021-04-01
- Removed util package
RecordEvententry point to
[0.1.0] - 2021-03-31
- Standard events