Python Scripting facilitates Unity's interaction with various media and entertainment industry applications and ensures that you can integrate Unity into a broader production pipeline seamlessly. Potential benefits of using Python in your Unity project include:
- Automating scene and sequence assembly in the context of using Unity as a real-time renderer.
- Automating time consuming tasks like duplicating or modifying a large quantity of Assets.
- Authoring custom editor tools that could both use complex UI elements and interact natively with other DCC suites.
Python Scripting provides:
- A Python Script Editor window principally aimed at Technical Artists who want to run short scripts and easily create new menu items that run Python code.
- An API aimed at Pipeline Technical Directors who want to call studio scripts implemented in Python from C# and vice versa.
- Project Settings.
- Installing and loading Pip Packages.