All notable changes to this package will be documented in this file.
[4.0.0] - 2023-07-18
- Restructured the whole documentation to improve navigation between the main concepts and setup tasks.
- Added conceptual information about data capture process and the required chain of elements to set up.
- Consolidated the Connection setup section and added a Capture Device and Actor setup section.
- Completed the Take recording section with base information about Shot management in Timeline and Shot Library.
- Reformatted the Get Started sections about Virtual Camera and Face Capture companion apps as functional tutorials.
- Add an argument to LiveStreamCaptureDeviceEditor.DrawDefaultLiveStreamInspector to fix the feature that checks the required components for the camera tracking.
- LiveStream.Properties now uses a Dictionary instead of an IEnumerable to avoid type casting and boxing issues.
[4.0.0-pre.5] - 2023-05-10
- Static method TimedDataBuffer.Create
(...) to create instances of ITimedDataBuffer .
- LiveStream, a class that manages a collection of properties that can be recorded into a clip while animating the actor in the scene.
- LiveStreamCaptureDevice, a capture device that manages a LiveStream.
- LiveStreamPostProcessors, a base component that post-processes the stream managed by a LiveStreamCaptureDevice.
- CameraTrackingDevice, a base capture device for implementing camera trackers.
- SharedVolumeProfile, a component that manages an instance of VolumeProfile shared across multiple other components.
- DepthOfField, a component that manages the depth of field effect.
- LensDistortionBrownConrady, a component that manages the lens distortion effect based on the Brown-Conrady distortion model.
- Overscan, a component to add overscan to a camera. Overscan is the process of rendering a larger image than the final output resolution and then cropping the image to the desired resolution.
- Simplified the ICurve interface.
is no longer public.
- TimedDataSource is no longer generic.
- Introduced ITimedDataBuffer and ITimedDataBuffer
interfaces that replace TimedDataBuffer .
- The protected method MocapDevice
.GetInterpolator() replaces the MocapDevice .Interpolator public property.
- Restored video streaming on Apple silicon.
- The minimum required Unity Editor version is now 2022.2.17f1.
- Live Capture icons that were missing in Unity Editor 2023.1 are now back.
- Improved Face Capture HDRP sample scene which was overexposed and took time to adjust lighting.
- Make sure the FrameLines component forces gate-fit mode to "Fill" when the camera is not using physical camera mode.
- The Take Recorder window was still showing the device inspector when the device was disabled.
- Takes couldn't be loaded in a TakeRecorderTrack when other tracks had invalid playables (for example an AnimationTrack's clip with no animation clip set).
- Use the newly exposed "GraphicsSettings.GetSettingsForRenderPipeline()" API instead of reflection.
- Removed compatibility for features that require Legacy Render Pipeline.
[4.0.0-pre.4] - 2023-03-30
- Compilation error when having Cinemachine 3.X and Live Capture in a URP project
[4.0.0-pre.3] - 2023-03-27
- The Connection Window identifies (and warns about) interfaces of Public networks on Windows OS
- Unique Take Recorder window to replace the Take Recorder component and help the selection and management of shots.
- New ShotPlayer component and ShotLibrary asset to help the management of shots outside a Timeline context.
- Users can now place capture device GameObjects anywhere in the Hierarchy.
- Improved LiveCaptureDevice public API to ease the creation of custom capture devices.
- SyncProvider now uses the Take Recorder frame rate by default.
- The TakeRecorder component.
- LiveCaptureDeviceEditor base type. To create capture device editors, use the regular Editor type.
- Shots created in PlayMode now persist, as Unity stores them in the ShotLibrary asset.
- SyncProvider no longer attempts to synchronize when the sync rate is invalid.
- Synchronization warnings generated by SyncProvider are no longer logged every frame.
- The OnlyStandardFrameRatesAttribute property drawer no longer throws exceptions if the serialized field is not a FrameRate.
- Adding or removing a data source from the Synchronization Window after leaving play mode no longer throws a null reference exception.
- Compatibility with Cinemachine 3.0.0-pre.5 and up and the main branch in the repository.
[4.0.0-pre.2] - 2022-10-25
- Setting a take using code will now prepare the bindings automatically and rebuild the playable graph if needed.
- Live Capture window layouts that can be chosen in the "Window/Live Capture/Layout" sub-menu.
- New synchronization API used to match the engine update loop to a synchronization signal.
- New "Getting Started" window to guide new users of the package.
- New FrameTimeWithRate struct.
- New TimecodeSourceState class useful when implementing a custom timecode source.
- Added a default ITimedDataSource implementation.
- Added methods to CircularBuffer for inserting into the middle of the buffer.
- ITimedDataSource now includes an Object reference used for undo support.
- A Take Organizer window. The window allows you to list, multi-edit, and rename Take assets in the project.
- TimedDataBuffer can interpolate between samples when retrieving a value when an interpolator is assigned.
- Genlock source can be assigned from the Live Capture project settings.
- Renamed ISlate to IShot and moved slate data into the Slate struct.
- APIs now use FrameTime or FrameTimeWithRate instead of Timecode.
- The Connections window has been redesigned and now uses UI Toolkit.
- Most methods and properties for timecode related types have been made readonly for increased performance.
- FaceDevice will interpolate between samples when synchronized if needed.
- Improved Synchronizer calibration algorithm to yield better results.
- Synchronizer GlobalTimeOffset has changed to Delay and has an inverted value.
- Synchronization window shows genlock status.
- Prevent translation misalignments and rotation jumps when rebasing while the mobile device is facing upwards or downwards.
- The VirtualCameraDevice foldouts are now hidden when no actor is assigned.
- The VirtualCameraDevice's "Create and assign a new actor" button was renamed and moved. It is now called the "Create" button.
[4.0.0-pre.1] - 2022-08-12
- Synchronize the Take Recorder's playback button state with the Timeline Window's ones.
- Make sure audio tracks play sound when Takes from the Take Recorder are playing.
- Make sure Recorder tracks work properly when Takes from the Take Recorder are playing.
- Prevent the Scene from getting dirty when playing Takes from the Take Recorder without using Take Recorder Tracks.
- Make sure to interrupt ongoing recordings when the user scrubs the Timeline playhead.
- New Takes no longer inherit rating from their iteration base.
- Make sure to correctly dispose the video encoder in MacOS.
- Ensure that the VolumeProfile in the VirtualCameraActor can be edited and persist after entering PlayMode.
- Make sure depth of field can blend when using Cinemachine camera actors.
- The CinemachineCameraDriver now properly sets up the sensor size so it can blend.
- A VirtualCameraDevice can now be anchored to a Transform in the scene.
- New functionality to show take's content range markers in clips from the TakeRecorderTrack.
- A new button to go to the beginning of the shot.
- A toggle to constrain the playback to the range of the shot content.
- The CinemachineCameraDriver now supports depth of field using the Universal Render Pipeline.
- The Pause Playback button does not rewind time anymore.
- Automatic firewall configuration on Windows now detects and removes rules that block the Unity Editor on private or domain networks.
- Minimum required Unity version is now 2021.3.
[3.0.0-pre.6] - 2022-06-14
- Ensure that synchronized VirtualCamera and FaceCapture produce recordings aligned to the initial time offset set in Timeline.
- Improved recording accuracy in VirtualCamera when using motion damping.
- Ensure the network client can reconnect after a graceful server restart.
- Make sure the preview refreshes in the Unity Editor when the user selects a Take in the companion app library.
- Release of invalid GC handle when entering play mode with a Take Recorder.
[3.0.0-pre.5] - 2022-04-29
- New Synchronization window to manage synchronizers and timecode sources.
- New Timed Data Source Details window to view and adjust synchronization buffers.
- Expose the default face mapper implementation in the public API to allow to extend it.
- Users can now undo/redo the addition and removal of connections they perform through the Connections window.
- Expose networking utilities in the public API to allow implementing custom connections to external devices.
- Rename "Server" to "Connection" in the Connections window UI and public API.
- Remove an unnecessary component referring to a missing script in Face Capture sample.
- The rendering of Takes using the Recorder package now works in combination with the Take Recorder playback features.
[3.0.0-pre.4] - 2022-04-13
- Mocap Core library to provide a foundation for vendor specific mocap packages.
- New Transform Capture Device component to record transform hierarchies.
- Prevent an error from occurring when stopping the recording while a Live Capture settings window is open.
- Read the fractional part of the current second from NTP packets correctly.
- Prevent NTP Timecode Source from failing to initialize networking.
[3.0.0-pre.3] - 2022-04-08
- Scene bindings are now stored in the PlayableDirector that contains the TakeRecorderTrack.
- Show a warning in clips that can't play due to missing bindings.
- Playing Takes in Timeline through the TakeRecorderTrack doesn't require a TakeRecorder reference anymore.
- Reusing Animator references across AnimationTrack and TakeRecorderTrack in the same Timeline.
- New "Auto Clip Name" option in the clip Inspector, which the user can disable to manually set the clip name in the TakeRecorderTrack.
- Implement IPreviewable in a component to set properties into an animation preview system, and restore them at the end of the animation preview session.
- Users can lock a specific Clip of the Take Recorder Track to keep it active in the Take Recorder when the Timeline playhead is not on it.
- Automatically restore the animated properties of Actors to their original values after a live session.
- New API to register and restore property values.
- Using keyframe reduction to decrease the size of the recorded animation clips.
- New keyframe reduction settings in Virtual Camera Device and ARKit Face Device components.
- Clips in the Take Recorder Track now support "clip-in" time.
- The TakeRecorderTrack doesn't require a reference to the TakeRecorder anymore.
- Disabled video streaming on Apple silicon.
- Improved performance of take directory loading.
- Fixed actors not able to move using the transform handles when the TakeRecorder is enabled.
- Context menu of the TakeRecorderTrack.
- Drag and drop a Take into the TakeRecorderTrack.
- Playing Takes using the TakeRecorderTrack no longer marks the Scene or Prefabs as modified.
- Truncate the machine name used for server discovery if it is too long, to prevent the console from throwing an exception.
- Make sure the Virtual Camera recordings always include the initial lens values.
- Make sure takes properly play back after adding them in the TakeRecorderTrack using drag and drop.
- Prevent Unity from crashing when loading RenderDoc in a project that includes the Live Capture package.
[2.0.0-pre.3] - 2021-10-26
- Timecode synchronization
- The client can select the Take to play, and edit its metadata.
- TakeRecorder improvements to better handle device status.
- Instead of using AnimationJobs, the LiveCaptureDevice now uses LiveUpdate to set the actor's properties.
- Editor UI improvements
- LiveCaptureDevice IsLive/SetLive API.
- Creating actors in Prefab mode doesn't work.
- Bug where the camera actor can be left in an indeterminate state if lens postprocessor is reset.
[1.0.1] - 2021-08-26
- Minor update to the documentation
- Unity minimum version is now 2020.3.16f1
- Shader related errors on Unity 2021.2
[1.0.1-pre.585] - 2021-07-27
- Update to the documentation
- Null reference exception when a user resizes a clip inside a TakeRecorderTrack
[1.0.1-pre.570] - 2021-07-22
- Button to open project settings from Take Recorder
- Help button in Video Server settings
- "Create & Assign New Actor" button
- New editor icons
- Show reticle in manual mode.
- Virtual Camera Actor can be positioned manually.
- "Align with Actor" button removed.
- Damping related fields are grayed out when damping is disabled
- Auto Horizon option is grayed out when roll is enabled
- Improved network connectivity
- Blend shape values have sliders to modify them
- Faster focus change when distance goes from infinity to something smaller and damping is enabled
- AABB errors when using Virtual Camera with URP
- Divide by zero errors when resizing Virtual Camera device inspector
- [Virtual Camera] Reticle not showing on phone
- Crash when connecting a virtual camera app on MacOS
- [Virtual Camera] Reticle visible in playback mode on tablet
- Video streaming when multiple network interfaces are present
- Video streaming not working with the built-in render pipeline
- [Companion apps] Multiple issues with the connection view
- [Face Capture] Issue when using the "Flip Horizontally" option
[1.0.1-pre.525] - 2021-07-06
- [Face Capture] Audio and Video recording options.
- Fill gate fit mode for frame lines.
- [Companion apps] Minimum iOS version is now 14.5.
- Rename "Review" to "Playback".
- Custom Pass Manager is not editable anymore.
- Networking memory allocations improvements.
- [Virtual Camera] It was easy to accidentally open the system menus or close the app.
- Null references in virtual camera metadata inspector.
- Warning thrown when attempting to track non-readable meshes.
- [Virtual Camera] Non-responsive when scrolling settings.
- Firewall configuration would sometimes freeze Unity.
- Protocol warnings in 2021.2.
- RendererList compilation error in 2021.2.0b2 and up.
[1.0.1-pre.465] - 2021-06-02
- Component documentation links.
- [Face Capture] Default evaluator asset.
- [Face Capture] Global blend shape smoothing.
- [Virtual Camera] Damping for lens values.
- New lens presets and 1.78 aspect ratio
- [Face Capture] Removed frame digit in time code
- [Virtual Camera] Inspector is enabled when actor is not live.
- Separate control for gate mask.
- URP and HDRP face samples have been replaced by a single face sample for the built-in pipeline.
- Improved documentation.
- App icons are back to the default Unity icon
- TakeRecorder binding is not refreshed without changing take selection.
- [Face Capture] Screen diming interfers with UI.
- [Virtual Camera] App doesn't properly reconnect to server.
- Alignment for tracking faces was using gravity instead of camera world alignment.
- Recording closes dialogs.
- Reticle animation and click-through issue.
- Flickering in the game view, especially when focus reticle was displayed.
- Slider on mobile phone would sometimes open iOS notifications.
- [Virtual Camera] Could not exit preview mode on the device when entered from the editor.
- [Virtual Camera] Lens and rig settings were hidden by default.
- Thumbnails were identical for different snapshots.
- Changing lenses intrinsics did not refresh the client.
- Some properties could not be excluded from presets.
- Error when adding a CinemachineCameraDriver.
- App and servers connectivity issues on 2021.12.0a18 and above.
- Warning in TakeBuilder.
- First lens added in a new lens kit was "unnamed".
[1.0.0-pre.400] - 2021-05-13
- [Virtual Camera App] New settings.
- Warnings when importing the HDRP and URP face samples in the same project
- [Virtual Camera] Usage of the Resources folder.
- Documentation references to experimental package.
- [Virtual Camera] Focus Mode Display.
- [Face Capture App] Timecode layout.
[1.0.0-pre.360] - 2021-05-12
- Mechanism to align virtual camera device with actor.
- [Face Capture] Send and apply head position.
- Frame lines.
- Vcam snapshots.
- Default Lens kits.
- Default aspect ratio and sensor presets.
- Rename Joystick Speed to Joystick Sensitivity.
- Rename QuadroSync API to GPUFrameSync.
- [Virtual Camera] Focus distance dial goes up to infinity.
- A lens does not have a max focus distance.
- Depth of field is disabled in auto focus modes when nothing is tracked.
- [Virtual Camera] UI layout improvements.
- Allow to manually refine an automatically determined focus distance.
- [Virtual Camera] Move record button to the left.
- Package description.
- Non-linear scaling for focus distance slider.
- Improved face samples.
- Slate change logic.
- Crash when using NvEnc on some computers.
- [Companion App] Server Scan no longer overriden by manually entered server address.
- Support for focal length on vanilla built-in renderer.
- Exception when recording multiple devices.
- Video stream is no longer cropped on device.
- Flicker when changing slate in timeline while live.
- Fix error when removing a running server.
- Lens properties not being recorded.
- Verbose video stream logs.
- Jump when starting to record with joysticks.
- Connection view error on phone.
[1.0.0-pre.1] - 2021-05-03
- Legacy Render Pipeline support.
- Support for GPU Encoding via NvEnc.
- Lens Kit to group a collection of LensAssets.
- Support for Mac OS video streaming.
- SwapBarrier and GPUSync plug-in.
- Metadata on Take, Lens and VirtualCameraTrack.
- FrameRate field in TakeRecorder.
- Face rotations recorded as Euler angles instead of quaternions.
- Internalized APIs that were previously public.
- CameraState renamed to Settings.
- Improvements to the TakeRecorder.
- Takes playback use the crop aspect used during recording.
- New names for some camera movements and focus modes.
- [Virtual Camera] iPhone UI.
- Bug where a take iteration longer than its parent base track would be shortened.
- Memory leaks on HDRP 10.2
[1.0.0-exp.235] - 2021-04-22
- [Face Capture] Toggle to mirror the rotation data of the head and eyes
- Play/Stop button in preview mode
- [Companion App] Scan button to discover running servers
- Assisted firewall configuration
- [Virtual Camera] Shows the list of available takes
- Recording API
- Timecode API
- Record iterations as track overrides
- Improvements to the server's UX
- CustomPassManager gameObject is not hidden anymore
- In Add Component, Live Capture components now appear under their own section
- Add Device button now allows to add a path as well
- Downgraded Timeline dependency to 1.4.7
- A client can only be assigned to a single device at a time.
- [Face Capture] Fixed head and eyes rotation not being correctly applied in the DefaultMapper
- Unnessary animation output rebuild when a LiveLink was set active
- Issue where CompactList search loses focus
- Time jump on start recording/previewing
- Incorrect time offset in recordings
[0.3.10-preview.166] - 2021-03-12
- Global Live/Preview button in TakeRecorder. Allows to preview the recorded take for all active devices.
- New format for the take names and asset names. Can be customized with ',' and wildcards.
- 'Auto Start server on play' option.
- Face Capture App with samples.
- New and improved companion app protocol.
- Use OS assigned ports for video server.
- Precise Ray-Mesh Intersection Tracking For Spatial Focus Mode
- Slate names have been renamed to Shot names
- A regression where recordings stop if the selected take is null.
- The TakeRecorder was not updated on creation until selection was changed.
- When device was removed, the TakeRecorder was throwing an exception and list was in inconsistent state.
- Package was not compiling if the optional inputsystem was not present.
- Virtual Camera record button would not appear after upgrade.
- UX regressions around preview playback.
[0.3.9-preview.1] - 2021-02-12
- Video streaming support for URP.
- URP support for Film Format.
- Add the ability to change damping from the client.
- Graphics Raycaster supports object picking.
- Spatial Focus Mode support.
- Focus Plane Visualization Feature.
- Support for custom camera data sources.
- Introduces the TakeRecorder component and slate track
- Improved default face mapper inspector.
- Shots, takes and playback are now integrated with Timeline's tracks.
- Rename the package to Live-Capture.
- Reset versioning to a major in 0 because the package is still experimental.
- Ergonomic tilt is sent to server on client initialization.
- New UI to create a Companion App Server.
- Updated package minimum version to Unity 2020.2 and compatible with URP/HDRP 10.
- [Companion App] Issue where editing ergonomic tilt would set the pedestal space to global.
- [Companion App] Damping issue with Cinemachine.
- [Companion App] Ergonomic tilt issue where the setting was not updated without a pose update.
- VideoServer is disposed on device disable in order to avoid running out of ports
- [Companion App] Rebase rotation on Y axis lock to avoid rotation snapping back upon unlock.
- [Companion App] Fixed record button not being hidden by the setting to hide it.
- Issue where server could not be restarted for a while after being stopped
- A server discovery bug where the sending sockets would be recreated constantly when connected to a VPN or network that has broadcasting disabled, throwing many errors.
- A server discovery bug where it stopped polling the network interface updates. In some cases it was extremely slow and causing performance issues.