Code Editor Package for Visual Studio
[2.0.18] - 2023-03-17
- Performance improvements with
- Add extra compiler options for analyzers and source generators.
[2.0.17] - 2022-12-06
- Fix rare deadlocks while discovering or launching Visual Studio on Windows.
- Improve launching Visual Studio on macOs.
- Include analyzers from response files.
- Update supported C# versions.
- Performance improvements.
[2.0.16] - 2022-06-08
- Prevent ADB Refresh while being in safe-mode with a URP project
- Fixed an issue keeping the progress bar visible even after opening a script with Visual Studio.
[2.0.15] - 2022-03-21
- Improved project generation performance.
- Added support for keeping file/folder structure when working with external packages.
- Fixed project generation not being refreshed when selecting Visual Studio as the preferred external editor.
[2.0.14] - 2022-01-14
- Remove package version checking.
[2.0.13] - 2022-01-12
- Fixed wrong path to analyzers in generated projects when using external packages.
- Fixed selective project generation not creating Analyzer/LangVersion nodes.
- Fixed asmdef references with Player projects.
- Added new documentation including ToC, overview, how to use and images.
[2.0.12] - 2021-10-20
- Do not block asset opening when only a VS instance without a loaded solution is found.
- Only check package version once per Unity session.
- Improved support for Visual Studio For Mac 2022.
[2.0.11] - 2021-07-01
- Added support for Visual Studio and Visual Studio For Mac 2022.
- Fixed an issue when the package was enabled for background processes.
- Use absolute paths for Analyzers and rulesets.
[2.0.10] - 2021-06-10
- Improved project generation performance when a file is moved, deleted or modified.
- Improved Inner-loop performance by avoiding to call the package manager when looking up
- Fixed a network issue preventing the communication between Visual Studio and Unity on Windows.
[2.0.9] - 2021-05-04
- Added support for CLI.
- Improved performance when discovering Visual Studio installations.
- Warn when legacy assemblies are present in the project.
- Warn when the package version is not up-to-date.
[2.0.8] - 2021-04-09
- Improved generation performance (especially with DOTS enabled projects).
- Improved stability.
- Updated Analyzers lookup strategy.
- Fixed .vsconfig file not generated when using "regenerate all".
- Improved automation plugins.
- Open sourced automation plugins.
[2.0.7] - 2021-02-02
- Remove com.unity.nuget.newtonsoft-json dependency in favor of the built-in JsonUtility for the VS Test Runner.
[2.0.6] - 2021-01-20
- Improved language version detection.
- Added support for the VS Test Runner.
- Added initial support for displaying asset usage.
- Fixed remaining issues with special characters in file/path.
[2.0.5] - 2020-10-30
- Disable legacy pdb symbol checking for Unity packages.
[2.0.4] - 2020-10-15
- Added support for embedded Roslyn analyzer DLLs and ruleset files.
- Warn the user when the opened script is not part of the generation scope.
- Warn the user when the selected Visual Studio installation is not found.
- Generate a .vsconfig file to ensure Visual Studio installation is compatible.
- Fix automation issues on MacOS, where a new Visual Studio instance is opened every time.
[2.0.3] - 2020-09-09
- Added C#8 language support.
- Added UnityProjectGeneratorVersion property.
- Local and Embedded packages are now selected by default for generation.
- Added support for asmdef root namespace.
- When the user disabled auto-refresh in Unity, do not try to force refresh the Asset database.
- Fix Visual Studio detection issues with languages using special characters.
[2.0.2] - 2020-05-27
- Added support for solution folders.
- Only bind the messenger when the VS editor is selected.
- Warn when unable to create the messenger.
- Fixed an initialization issue triggering legacy code generation.
- Allow package source in assembly to be generated when referenced from asmref.
[2.0.1] - 2020-03-19
- When Visual Studio installation is compatible with C# 8.0, setup the language version to not prompt the user with unsupported constructs. (So far Unity only supports C# 7.3).
- Use Unity's TypeCache to improve project generation speed.
- Properly check for a managed assembly before displaying a warning regarding legacy PDB usage.
- Add support for selective project generation (embedded, local, registry, git, builtin, player).
[2.0.0] - 2019-11-06
- Improved Visual Studio and Visual Studio for Mac automatic discovery.
- Added support for the VSTU messaging system (start/stop features from Visual Studio).
- Added support for solution roundtrip (preserves references to external projects and solution properties).
- Added support for VSTU Analyzers (requires Visual Studio 2019 16.3, Visual Studio for Mac 8.3).
- Added a warning when using legacy pdb symbol files.
- Fixed issues while Opening Visual Studio on Windows.
- Fixed issues while Opening Visual Studio on Mac.
[1.1.1] - 2019-05-29
- Fix Bridge assembly loading with non VS2017 editors.
[1.1.0] - 2019-05-27
- Move internal extension handling to package.
[1.0.11] - 2019-05-21
- Fix detection of visual studio for mac installation.
[1.0.10] - 2019-05-04
- Fix ignored comintegration executable.
[1.0.9] - 2019-03-05
- Updated MonoDevelop support, to pass correct arguments, and not import VSTU plugin.
- Use release build of COMIntegration for Visual Studio.
[1.0.7] - 2019-04-30
- Ensure asset database is refreshed when generating csproj and solution files.
[1.0.6] - 2019-04-27
- Add support for generating all csproj files.
[1.0.5] - 2019-04-18
- Fix relative package paths.
- Fix opening editor on mac.
[1.0.4] - 2019-04-12
- Fixing null reference issue for callbacks to AssetPostProcessor.
- Ensure Path.GetFullPath does not get an empty string.
[1.0.3] - 2019-01-01
This is the first release of Unity Package visualstudio_editor.
- Using the newly created api to integrate Visual Studio with Unity.