Burst is a compiler that you can use with Unity's job system to create code that enhances and improves your application's performance. It translates your code from IL/.NET bytecode to optimized native CPU code that uses the LLVM compiler.
To install this package, follow the instructions in the Package Manager documentation.
If you change the Burst package version (for example, via Update), you need to close and restart the Editor.
Conference presentations given by the Burst team:
- Getting started with Burst - Unite Copenhagen 2019 (slides)
- Supercharging mobile performance with ARM Neon and Unity Burst Compiler
- Using Burst Compiler to optimize for Android - Unite Now 2020
- Intrinsics: Low-level engine development with Burst - Unite Copenhagen 2019 (slides)
- Behind the Burst compiler: Converting .NET IL to highly optimized native code - DotNext 2018
- Deep dive into the Burst compiler - Unite LA 2018
- C# to machine code: GDC 2018
- Using the native debugger for Burst compiled code
Blog posts written by members of the Burst team :