All notable changes to this package will be documented in this file.
The format is based on Keep a Changelog and this project adheres to Semantic Versioning.
[1.1.3] - 2023-04-13
- Remove some unnecessary files from the package
[1.1.2] - 2023-04-03
- The AI Navigation overlay in the scene view remembers which sections have been collapsed
- Updated a large part of the documentation to reflect the current functionality
[1.1.1] - 2022-10-21
- Clarified the information text displayed by the NavMesh Updater
[1.1.0-pre.2] - 2022-08-09
- The Dungeon scene included in the package samples now uses tile prefabs that contain a
NavMeshSurfacecomponent instead of the
- The Drop Plank scene included in the package samples now has a
NavMeshSurfacecomponent and the
NavMeshSurfaceUpdaterscript on the geometry, as well as the
DynamicNavMeshObjectscript on the Plank prefab for dynamically updating the
NavMeshwhen new Planks are instantiated.
- The offset when instantiating Planks in the Drop Plank scene has been reduced.
- The Sliding Window Infinite and the Sliding Window Terrain scenes included in the package samples now use the
NavMeshSurfaceVolumeUpdaterscript instead of the
NavMeshSourceTagscripts for dynamically updating the
- The Modify Mesh scene included in the package samples now uses a
NavMeshSurfacecomponent on the Mesh Tool for dynamically updating the
NavMeshinstead of the
MeshToolscript now uses the
NavMeshSurfacefor updating the
NavMeshwhenever the mesh is modified.
- The Drop Plank scene included in the package samples now destroys instantiated Planks that have fallen off the edge.
- Missing agent type references in the samples.
NavMeshPrefabInstanceEditorscripts from the package samples were removed.
- The prefab editing scene
7b_dungeon_tile_prefabsfrom the package samples was removed. The tiles can now be edited directly as prefabs.
NavMeshSourceTagscripts from the package samples were removed.
[1.1.0-pre.1] - 2022-04-27
- NavMeshSurface supports links generation.
- NavMeshSurface supports HeightMesh baking.
- New package Navigation window adapting the obsolete Unity Navigation window functionalities to the package workflow.
- NavMeshSurface is using the Background Tasks window to report the baking progress
- Minimum supported version is increased to Unity 2022.2
[1.0.0-exp.4] - 2021-07-19
- Documentation updated with changes from Unity manual
- Test scripts moved into namespaces Unity.AI.Navigation.Tests and Unity.AI.Navigation.Editor.Tests
[1.0.0-exp.3] - 2021-06-16
- An assembly definition in the package sample was referencing an invalid AsmDef
[1.0.0-exp.2] - 2021-05-19
- Baking a NavMeshSurface with a bounding volume was not detecting the geometry nearby the bounds (1027006)
- New note in the documentation about the bounding volume of a NavMeshSurface
[1.0.0-exp.1] - 2021-04-06
This is the first release of the AI Navigation package. It contains the scripts that were previously known as NavMeshComponents and it adds a few improvements.
- Disabling a NavMeshLink component in the Editor does not remove the link
NavMeshSurfacethat prevents small isolated patches from being built in the NavMesh
- Documentation for the new
- Documentation updated
- Script namespaces changed to Unity.AI.Navigation.*
- The license has changed.
- The folder structure has changed in accordance to the requirements of the Unity standards for packages.