2D Tilemap Extras
The 2D Tilemap Extras package contains reusable 2D and Tilemap Editor scripts which you can use for your own Projects. You can freely customize the behavior of the scripts to create new Brushes that suit different scenarios.
To find the additional Brushes, open the Tile Palette window (menu: Window > 2D > Tile Palette) and open the Brush drop-down menu near the bottom of the editor. Select from the available Brush options for different effects.
GameObject: This Brush instances, places and manipulates GameObjects onto the Scene. Use this as an example to create Brushes which targets GameObjects other than Tiles for instancing and manipulation.
Group: This Brush picks groups of Tiles based on their positions relative to each other. Adjust the size of groups the Brush picks by setting the Gap and Limit properties. Use this Brush as an example to create Brushes that pick Tiles based on specific criteria.
Line: This Brush draws a line of Tiles between two points onto a Tilemap. Use this as an example to modify Brush painting behavior to make painting more efficient.
Random: This Brush places random Tiles onto a Tilemap. Use this as an example to create Brushes which store specific data per Brush and to make Brushes which randomize behavior.
You can create (menu: Create > Tiles ) the following additional Tile types that are included with this package.
- Animated: This Tile runs through and displays a list of Sprites in sequence to create a frame-by-frame animation.
- Rule Tile: This is a generic visual Tile that accepts rules you create with the Tiling Rules to create different Tilesets. Rule Tiles are the basis of the Terrain, Pipeline, Random or Animated Tiles. This is the default Rule Tile and is only used with the Rectangle Grid type Tilemap. Use the Hexagonal and Isometric Rule Tiles instead for their respective Grid types.
- Hexagonal Rule Tile: A Rule Tile for Hexagonal Grids. Enable the ‘Flat Top’ property for a Flat Top Hexagonal Grid, or clear it for a Pointed Top Hexagonal Grid.
- Isometric Rule Tile: A Rule Tile for use with Isometric Grids.
- Rule Override Tile: This Tile can override a subset of Rules for a given Rule Tile to provide specialized behavior, while keeping the rest of the original Rules intact.