Windows Phone 8: Debugging
Visual Studio can be used to debug C# scripts:
- Build Visual Studio project.
- Open generated solution.
- Click FILE -> Add -> Exiting Project..., navigate to Unity project folder and select Assembly-CSharp.csproj file.
- Go to BUILD -> Configuration Manager... and make sure ARM platform is selected for your project.
- Optionally uncheck Build flag for Assembly-CSharp since it has already been built by Unity.
- Add breakpoint(s) to your script file(s).
- Make sure phone is connected to PC and is unlocked.
- Make sure debugger type is set to Managed Only (default).
- Hit F5 to build, deploy, run and debug your app.
If debugging doesn't help to resolve your issue it might be useful to examine UnityPlayer.log file. It's located on the phone and can be retrieved by utility called Windows Phone Power Tools. Don't forget to include this file with your bugs reports.
Page last updated: 2013-07-16