Online activation is the easiest and fastest way to get up and running with Unity. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to activate Unity online.
1. Download and install the Unity Editor. The latest version of Unity can be found at http://unity3d.com/unity/download/
2. Fire up the Editor from your Applications folder on OS X or the shortcut in the Start Menu on Windows.
3. You will be faced with a window titled 'Choose a version of Unity', you will then need to select the version of Unity you wish to activate by checking the tick box of the appropriate option and clicking 'OK' to proceed.
4. Next, you will encounter the 'Unity Account' window. Here you will need to enter your Unity Developer Network account credentials. (If you don't have an existing account or have forgotten your password, simply click the respective 'Create account' and 'Forgot your password?' button and links. Follow the onscreen prompts to create or retrieve your account.) Once your credentials are entered you can proceed by clicking 'OK'.
5. 'Thank you for your time' you will now be able to proceed to the Unity Editor by clicking the 'Start using Unity' button.
6. You are all done!
For any further assistance, please contact email@example.com.
Page last updated: 2013-10-17